COS AW22 WARDROBE GIVEAWAY
HOW TO ENTER: No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the COS AW22 WARDROBE GIVEAWAY (the “Giveaway”). A purchase will not increase your chance of winning the Giveaway. The Giveaway begins 12:00 am EST on August 31, 2022 and ends 11:59 pm EST on September 12, 2022 (“Giveaway Period”). During the Giveaway Period, you may enter the Giveaway filling out the online Giveaway entry form at https://cosstores.attn.tv/p/Kly/landing-page. One (1) entry per person, per email address. Incomplete, illegible, false or deceptive entries are void.
Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period no later than 5:00 pm EST on September 19, 2022. H&M Hennes & Mauritz L.P. d/b/a COS’s (“COS”) computer will serve as the official time keeping device for this Giveaway. All entries submitted become the sole property of COS and will neither be acknowledged nor returned.
2. ELIGIBILITY: From the official time and date of the start of the Giveaway Period through the final date of prize fulfillment, you must be a lawful permanent U.S. citizen and resident currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. You must also be 16 years of age or older as of the official time and date of the start of the Giveaway Period. The Giveaway is void in the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, and all other U.S. territories and possessions where restricted or prohibited by law. The Giveaway, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. This Giveaway shall be governed by laws of the United States. Employees of COS and their advertising and Giveaway agencies, and any other entities participating in the design, Giveaway, marketing, administration or fulfillment of this Giveaway, as well as each of their parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, “Giveaway Entities”), and their immediate families (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and members of their households (whether or not related), are ineligible to participate in this Giveaway.
3. SELECTING THE WINNER AND NOTIFICATION: The potential prize winner will be selected by COS at random, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects, from all eligible entries received (“Entrants”) on or about that specified date and time set forth in Section 1 (“Potential Prize Winner”). Odds of winning the Prize, as defined in Section 4 below, depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential Prize Winner will be notified via email at the email address provided upon entry of the Giveaway. Failure of Potential Prize Winner to respond to such notification within 48 hours may result in disqualification of Potential Prize Winner and an alternate potential winner will be selected (“Alternative Potential Winner”). Alternate Potential Winner shall be contacted as soon as practicable in the same manner as Potential Prize Winner and shall also have 48 hours to respond. COS reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any Alternate Potential Winner, if any. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AS FULLY STATED HEREIN, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE (“Winner”).
4.1. One (1) Winner will receive COS product from the COS website, of Winner’s choosing, worth up to $1000 (collectively, the “Prize”).
4.2. Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Prize: $1000.00 USD
4.3. COS is not responsible if any part of the Prize is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason and Winner will not be reimbursed for the ARV of Prize. COS is not responsible if Winner does not use the Prize. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made. COS reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute portions of the prize award with items of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability or other factors as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use not expressly specified herein as part of the prize, including, without limitation, all transportation costs, lodging, meals, gratuities, insurance, surcharges and other costs and expenses incurred by the winners and Winners’ guests in accepting and using the prize, and all federal, state and local taxes on the prize.
4.4. Any costs associated with Prize receipt are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
4.5. Winner is responsible for obtaining identification documents required for redemption of the Prize. COS will not replace any lost or stolen Prize once in the Winner’s possession. No transfer, or cash or other substitution of any Prize allowed except that COS reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize or Prize component of comparable or greater value.
5. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Winner. Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS form W – 9 to COS indicating Winner’s full Social Security Number or equivalent for the receipt of any Prize awarded by COS in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the Prize.
6. PRIZE ELIGIBILITY: IF ANY POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO REDEEM THE PRIZE WITHIN 48 HOURS, THE POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND WILL RECEIVE NOTHING. AN ALTERNATIVE POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED. A POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AS FULLY STATED HEREIN, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. No compensation will be made in the event that the Prize is not awarded. Except where prohibited, Potential Prize Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release, and a Tax Acceptance Form (“Affidavit/Release”). Such documents must be signed and returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If Potential Prize Winner fails to sign and return such documents within that time, or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible, or if an Entrant does not comply with the Official Rules, then Potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an Alternate Potential Winner will be selected. Entrant waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the Prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said Prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said Prize. COS is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to Entrants not from COS. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Giveaway will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Except where prohibited by law, Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Giveaway Entities to use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Giveaway on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review permission or further compensation. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of Prize. Eligibility, age and claims made by a Potential Prize Winner are also subject to verification prior to awarding of the Prize.
7. GIVEAWAY CONDITIONS - VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of COS and waive any and all right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules. Winner and Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property; of any acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse of any Prize; or participation in any distribution; or in production errors. COS may rescind any Giveaway found to contain such errors without liability at its sole discretion. THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PRIZE COMPONENTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, NO RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ACCEPTED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS OR ACTS OR GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
8. RESTRICTIONS - VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: COS may at COS’s sole and absolute discretion: (i) provide different prizes of different or greater value; COS shall not be liable to any Entrant or Winner or any person claiming through such Entrant or Winner for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, reason of any acts of God, any action(s) regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s) regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond COS’s sole control. COS shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whosoever by the celebrities/events and/or transportation companies. COS shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the Prize. COS’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Giveaway Entities are not responsible for: (1) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failure, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (2) technical failures of any kinds; (3) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (4) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or part, from Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any Prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Giveaway. If for any reason this Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of COS which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway, then COS reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Giveaway and to select potential winners from among all eligible entries received by COS up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. By entering this Giveaway you are giving your permission to receive emails from COS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
10. JURY TRIAL WAIVER: EXPECT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW AND AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT HE/SHE MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT TO ANY LITIGATION DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS GIVEAWAY, ANY DOCUMENT OR AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO CONNECTION HEREWITH AND ANY OF THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY OR THEREBY.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules for this Giveaway shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Giveaway will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Giveaway and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
14. RULES/WINNERS LIST: For winner information send an email to email@example.com. In the subject of the email, type “COS AW22 WARDROBE GIVEAWAY WINNER LIST.” COS shall only release the first name, the last initial and state of residence of the winner to those requesting this information